Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I tried my hand at creating poetry using found words for the writing class in Misty's workshop. I don't claim to be a poet, by any means, but this was so much fun! There will be more! :)
Reaching Out

The words to Reaching Out:

buried beneath the
loneliness in the night
I reached out
but don't hear anything
fear is momentary
imagine strength
remember childhood
connection with everything
reach out
our harried lives
somewhat intense
amnesia of the heart
I believe
clutter of voices
talking about God
always be there
reach out and listen
all my happiness has not vanished

I had a few words left over from the above poem, so I used them to create the short poem below. I was raised not to be wasteful. ;)

Black and White

The one below was created using found words in a different way. You may have to click on the pictures to be able to read the poems.

Self Discovery

The words to Self Discovery:
Overwhelmed,
I just want to be enough.
Pondering contribution,
Offering to the world
Content and openhearted self-discovery.

These poems will more than likely find their way in to one of my journals. Hope you enjoyed them!

No comments: