Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Shopping, Funny Little Dogs, & Blog Designing

I just wanted to tell you that we went to Wal-Mart yesterday evening and got all our Christmas gifts bought within a couple of hours, and I managed not to have an anxiety attack or give out. Thank the Lord.

Mama called yesterday morning to tell me that she and a friend were going shopping in Savannah. J had just gotten up and we didn't know if we were going anywhere or not yet. When he got awake we decided to go to Savannah also. It was after noon when we left, and we were hungry, so we went to Taco Bell (I know, really healthy) and ate that new fully loaded nachos dish that they have right now. It was delicious!

We did most of our shopping at Wal-Mart. We hit it at a good time, between the dinner crowd and people getting off work, so it wasn't too crowded. We had to pick up one gift at Radio Shack, as Wal-Mart had sold out, then J wanted to go to the Dollar Tree to get his little gag gifts. I looked for a few minutes and didn't see anything I needed, so I went to the car to sit and watch the people. I love to do that, but rarely ever get the chance anymore.

The people that parked next to me left a beautiful little blonde Pomeranian dog in the car. It was very entertaining to watch it scare people who happened to be walking by the passenger side window. It would lay in the seat until it saw someone walking by the window, then it would jump up barking this shrill little bark right beside them. More than one person jumped and ran sideways, grabbing their chest, then laughing. One talked ugly, then she saw me laughing. I don't think she appreciated it much. :)

We got home about 5:30 p.m. and we were tired, so the car is still unloaded. Mama called up here about 9:00 p.m. to make sure we'd gotten home ok, as she couldn't see our lights on. I left the porch light on for a while when I fed the dog and cats, but she said she was napping and didn't see it, so she was getting worried. She wanted to know we were ok before she went to bed.

She said that she and her friend had a real good day, but she was exhausted (she's 76). She usually goes with us, but I reckon she wanted an earlier start to the day than we did. She is a morning person and J and I are not morning people.

Anyway, for those of you that read my post yesterday, I now have my gift shopping done, I didn't have a meltdown, and Mama, J, and I all had a good day. Christmas is back on track. :)

J is gone back to Savannah this morning for cattle feed and me a present. I tried to get him to agree to get a flat screened tv instead of gifts for each other. We both enjoy tv and I would love one of those, but J's right, the one we have is still working fine so we don't need another.

He will be back soon, so I better get off and go unload the SUV. We have presents to wrap!

Incidentally, I'm playing with the designs on both my blogs, trying to get something I'm happy with, so if you go to them and think you're at the wrong place, you're not. OK? :)

Have a great weekend everybody, and if I don't post again until after Christmas, I hope Santa is really good to all of you.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hi Sharon,

Seems you had a busy day yesterday but a fun one just the same. Doesn't it feel good to have all your shopping done!! I don't have much more to shop for, and then I'll settle in and start cooking. We will have Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and then we go to my sister's in Murfreesboro on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas to you and your's.