Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Jitters

I can't believe that Christmas is less than a week away, and I haven't started shopping yet. Can you?

I have anxiety attacks in crowded stores, and I know this, yet I have procrastinated until the last minute when the stores will not only be crowded, they will be PACKED, making it a potential health hazard for me. Mama loves this. She likes running into people she knows and visiting.

I have no idea what to get anyone, and mama and J will be with me, making it hard to get them anything for a surprise. J wants to get everything in one trip. To make it even more fun, the weather is supposed to be bad with storms, rain, possibly snow all weekend.

I am so not prepared for Christmas, AT ALL, mentally or physically. It is unreal to me that it's already rolled around again. I even forgot about putting up a Christmas tree until a couple of days ago. Still haven't, but nobody ever sees it anyway, so I probably won't now. I did get cards fixed up and mailed out, which is a plus. The ones we've received are displayed on the piano, so it's a little Christmasy.

One of my best friends, who comes and drinks coffee with me about once a week, brought me a gift bag the other day. It had a jar of coffee and a bottle of coffee mate in it. We had a good laugh about it, because she's always teasing me about bumming coffee off me. I never considered it bumming. We always have a nice visit, and she brought a little Christmas spirit with her when she shared photos of her tree and snowman table decorations.

I love the true meaning of Christmas. I really do. And I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I just don't enjoy the hustle and bustle anymore and I tend to get depressed through the holiday season. I guess I'm just getting old...or lazy. :)

Hope I didn't bring anyone down. I didn't mean to. Just having a little nervous jitter party. It will be ok and I will "git er done." LOL Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Christmas! I plan to! :)

No comments: